AFTER CARE ADVICE - BODY MASSAGE TREATMENTS
Drink plenty of still water over the next 24 hours following treatment. (This can assist your body to flush out toxins that are released from your body).
If you feel tired, rest as much as possible.
Avoid heat treatments (bath, sauna etc) for at least 24 hours.
Avoid sunbeds or the sun if certain oils have been used (phototoxicity).
Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for the rest of the day after treatment or for at least 24 hours.
Avoid alcohol, caffeine and hot spicy food for at least 12 hours.
FOLLOWING YOUR MASSAGE TREATMENT, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS SOME OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS:
Hot and increased sweating
Stuffy, blocked or runny nose
Heightened emotions – high or low
Sleepy & fatigued or deeply relaxed
Temporary worsening of symptoms
You may experience a headache and/or dizziness due to improved circulation but this will only be temporary.
Soreness and tenderness on areas worked on during your massage.
Be careful when walking or driving after massage ensuring you recover sufficiently.
N.B. In the unlikely event that you experience any severe pain or discomfort, please seek advice from your GP.
AFTER CARE ADVICE - WAX TREATMENTS
For a better waxing experience, please follow my simple guide:
• Do not undertake any other skincare treatments within 48-hours of having a waxing treatment
• Stay away from direct sunlight/sunbeds and heat e.g. hot baths, saunas for 48-hours after having a waxing treatment
• Avoid friction from nylon material or tight clothing
• Keep skincare products to a minimum for 24-hours after waxing, then after 24-hours it is vital that you use a good quality moisturiser.
• Avoid exfoliation for 48-hours after waxing, then exfoliate with a loofah or body scrub regularly (at least 2-3 times per week) to avoid in-growing hairs.
• Avoid exercise that may cause friction to the area.
• For long term improvements, do not shave between treatments.
• Return for regular treatments